Article 1 – Name:
The name shall be the Centre for International Education and Training (CIET) and its academic location shall be The Faculty of Education at the University of Regina. The Centre has a Faculty mandate and is listed in Schedule A of the University of Regina policy on centres and institutes.
Article II – Purpose:
The purpose of the Centre for International Education and Training is to improve the human condition through the sharing of expertise and experience in education.
This purpose suggests the following roles for CIET:
- To coordinate international projects in which education is the vehicle for sustainable social change.
- To assist members in the planning, implementation, and funding of scholarly proposals consistent with the principles of CIET.
- To provide Faculty of Education members and other members of the university and educational communities the opportunity to work with partners in other countries.
- To provide opportunities for collaboration with scholars from other universities and countries.
- To provide opportunities for visiting scholars at the University of Regina.
- To liaise with partners towards the development of collaborative international initiatives consistent with CIET’s guiding principles.
- To represent the Faculty of Education in its relationships with the University’s Office of International Cooperation and Development (OICD) and the International Cooperation and Communications Committee (ICCC).
Article III – Board of CIET:
The Board of CIET will be elected annually from and by tenured, tenure-track, term and seconded members of the Faculty of Education. The Board will be comprised of seven elected members and four ex-officio members (Vice-President Research/International, Director of the Office of International Cooperation and Development, the Director of CIET and the Dean of the Faculty of Education).
The elected CIET Board members’ terms will be staggered so as to ensure continuity of Board membership.
Article IV – Organization and Administration
- The Director of CIET shall be appointed for a 3-year term by the Dean of the Faculty of Education (as set out in Centres and Institutes Guidelines, Policies, and Procedures) with the advice of the CIET Board.
- Day-to-day administration of CIET shall be under the aegis of the Director, consistent with the policies approved by the Board.
- The Director of CIET shall be responsible to the Board for the implementation of policies approved by the Board.
- The chairperson of the CIET Board shall be elected from and by the members of the Board.
- Funds accruing to CIET will be designated only to support international initiatives and the infrastructure of CIET.
- All programs and initiatives sponsored by CIET shall have the approval of the Board.